When we start working with you on a new micro-learning solution, there are lots of questions that we must first ask to ensure we get the design exactly right.
Here are five sample questions and comments that come to mind immediately:
1. Learning objectives: For each micro-course, we will need to establish 1-2 learning objectives. Since these are short courses, will we be focusing primarily on ‘cognitive’ learning objectives? What about the ‘physical domain’ of learning? Is it involved here?More complex learning objectives that focus on the ‘affective’ domain of learning require a more complex design in order to achieve the desired objectives. Click To Tweet
2. Demographics: Although we might know a bit about the target audience (for example, industry or job function), we will need to know more about the demographics of the average member of the target audience. What can you tell us about their age, prior knowledge, interests, education, and attitude towards the topic?
3. Consumption: Will they likely consume this training on a laptop? Or would you expect them to be using a smartphone? Our courses are created with ‘responsive design’ built into all of them. However, it is still helpful to know this information because some design choices do not work as well on mobile devices as they do on a larger screen.
4. Time: What are the timeframes for deployment? Will we have timely access to Subject Matter Experts? In our experience, that is super-important in order to keep our commitment to the deadlines.
5. Budget: The costs associated with building each course are a function of the labour hours required to do so. Longer courses, as well as those with more complex learning objectives, require more time to design and build. Is there a particular budget that we need to work within? There is always more than one way to the finish line with eLearning, and we will always do our best to stretch your budget as far as we possibly can.
Let’s chat and meet up together on Zoom! We will help you create the right micro-learning solution for your business.
FREE Online Workshop: How to Make Live Online Training More Engaging
On December 3rd, I will be sharing some of my best tips for reaching through the screen and capturing the attention of your learners. Learn practical ways to jazz up your sessions with fun and meaningful techniques that will increase the learner retention rates and put your live online classes at the front of the pack.
For registration and more details regarding this online workshop, click here.
WeLoveLearning is a one-stop shop for learning solutions with an extended virtual team who’ve worked with us for many years including designers, developers, tech support, trainers, consultants, facilitators and coaches; and a rich community of Subject Matter Experts.
We translate YOUR organization’s vision into really awesome but practical learner-centred training that can be delivered online or in the classroom (or both). Our training solutions impact your bottom-line by increasing efficiencies and reducing employee turnover. Learn more about what we do »