The pandemic has changed the learning landscape forever
With more and more workplaces adopting a hybrid working model, with some employees working from home and others from an office, or even employees alternating home and office days, it is clear that virtual training will continue to dominate the learning landscape in 2022 and beyond. Not only does it make training more accessible to more persons, but (when done well) eLearning solutions are more engaging and interactive than traditional in-person training ever was.
Here are FIVE eLearning trends that will be big in 2022:
- 1. Mobile-First Learning: With many persons on their phones for hours a day, every day, it makes sense that employee learning should be mobile-friendly. In particular, microlearning can help you to realize the power of a mobile-first strategy.
- 2. Offset the Forgetting Curve: Formal training sessions, whether in-person or online, have never been enough when it comes to imparting knowledge and skills to employees. Months, weeks and even hours later, learners start forgetting the lessons. A powerful alternative called a Continuous Learning Journey uses micro-nuggets, games and videos before and after a training session to get learners ready for and then reinforce the key points in a course.
- 3. Content Curation: How is your eLearning organized and how easy is it to find an appropriate resource on-demand? Content curation has been king for a couple of years but in 2022 it will take front stage. Without it, your learners will be lost in a sea of information.
- 4. Human-Centred Learning Experiences: Since 1992, my email signature block has included, “Invest in your greatest asset…people!” It only took three decades and a pandemic to get here, but we finally made it!
- 5. Artificial Intelligence: It’s a game-changer and it is all around us. AI can be built into your LMS and thus provide your employees with personalized learning journeys.
Don’t get left behind – start working these into your training plans now!
We Love Learning is a one-stop shop for learning solutions with an extended virtual team who’ve worked with us for many years including designers, developers, tech support, trainers, consultants, facilitators and coaches; and a rich community of Subject Matter Experts.
We translate YOUR organization’s vision into really awesome but practical learner-centred training that can be delivered on-line or in the classroom (or both). Our training solutions impact your bottom-line by increasing efficiencies and reducing employee turnover. Learn more about what we do »